ugh, what a story.

"when keeping it real goes wrong" or what...

thanks for the tape - the deeon mix has gotta be re-recorded cause the
mp3 i already is lousy, lousy, lousy.

ronny

http://www.cornwarning.com/xfer/DJMilton-DJUrban-RowdyRowdy.mp3

NOTE: This is uploading as I send this message and will not be
available until 0400 GMT, or 10PM US CST (11PM EST).

This tape was produced during the time when Milton was living in Iowa.
You can hear him in the first half shouting out a 319 phone number --
that was his home phone # in Cedar Rapids,IA.

I don't remember dates exactly but Milton moved to Iowa in 1998 or
thereabouts, and became a popular DJ on the Iowa scene. He brought out
several of the DanceMania DJs to shows in Iowa.  In addition to DJing
Milton was working with at-risk teens in Cedar Rapids.

Then on, a trip back to Chicago a few years back, he was arrested and
convicted of murder.  It turns out that before moving to Iowa, someone
had stolen a van containing all of Milton's gear. I don't know all the
details of what went down, but apparently Milton and others found the
guy who stole the van, beat him, and threw him out of an upper-story
window in a Chicago project.

All of the DanceMania guys grew up in very rough circumstances where
violence was common, but every one of those guys I met seemed very
chill and pleasant to hang out with, Milton included.  I used to hang
out with Milton in his studio and help him with software & such on his
computers, and he was always a complete sweetheart to me.  It's really
hard to reconcile the Milton I knew with the crime he was convicted
of.

Mostly I feel bad for his wife and five children.  By the time Milton
gets out his kids will mostly be grown.  I hope that he survives
prison and is able to pick up the pieces of his life eventually.