Well, I missed last year, so I kinda have to go this year. To be honest,
I'll go just to see shake outdoors. That ish's gonna be magic...again. I
hope to link up with some of you there as well.

From: Minto George [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2007 11:50 PM
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: (313) DEMF Partial Lineup

I said last year would be my last DEMF for a few years
but seeing the initial lineup looks so tempting. I'll
never forget the 1st one. Flew into Detroit on a rainy
Saturday morning with a lot of excitement and
anticipation of what my weekend would be like. It was
the first time JT and I had met in person as he was
there to pick me up from the airport where we shared a
great smoke on the drive into Hart Plaza to the
festival hearing 3 hours of Basic Channel. The sound
of BC on the mainstage that day was my very first DEMF
moment. It was otherworldly and the 3 days in Detroit
that year left me with the hair on the back of my neck
standing up for 72 hours and forever inspired. I
encourage any of you who have never been to go and
experience Detroit and its music, be it at the
festival or the amazing afterparties, and see what I
and many others on this list have felt and heard at
least once.

minto

down low music
http://downlowmusic.org