I find the Hearos Hi Fi plugs to be very comfortable for extended
wear,  and they sound pretty good too:

http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/hehinasoearp.html

In the UK, this looks like a simlarly priced product:

http://www.inkino.co.uk/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=116&products_id=1398

If you google in the UK, you can get the Etymotic custom-fit for about
150 pounds.  Which is higher than the US, but you do only get one set
of ears per lifetime.

As someone who has chronic tinnitus and can't bear more than a few
minutes of high volume music anymore, I really recommend everyone
begin using hearing protection.

And for the record, I'm convinced that 20 years spending 12 hrs a day
around noisy computers has probably harmed my hearing as much or more
than going to shows.  At shows I've almost always had some sort of ear
protection.