The future for pre-recorded music may be troublesome... but I've read
that audiobooks (whether CD or downloaded) are selling well. Maybe
some Detroit or liberation lit read over some choice 313 tracks would
be feasible? Personally, I'd love to hear narrative about all the
overlooked, neglected technologies and strategies in this stagnant era
paired with a 313 soundtrack. Hmmm....

CD Music Sales Down 20% In Q1 2007
"Music sales are not just falling, they're plummeting — by as much as
20% when you compare January-March 2007 with the 2006 numbers. The
revenue numbers are actually worse, since CD prices are under
pressure. The Wall Street Journal lists many factors contributing to
the rapid decline: 800 fewer retail outlets (Tower Records' demise
alone closed 89); increasingly negative attitude towards CD sales from
big-box retailers (Best Buy now dedicates less floor space to CDs in
favor of better-selling items); and file sharing, among others. Songs
are being traded at a rate about 17 times the iTunes Store's recent
rate of sales. Diminishing CD sales means that you don't have to sell
as many to get on the charts. The 'Dreamgirls' movie soundtrack
recently hit #1 by selling 60,000 CDs in a week, a number that
wouldn't have made the top 30 in 2005."