Now I don't want to start a discussion about the legality or morality of it.
At present I have Soulseek on my machine.  I hardly
ever use it.  What I do use it for is on the odd occasion I can't go somewhere
like Piccadilly or even Juno to listen to clips of a
tune I've found out / heard about.  Usually something second hand, older/rare
(why I can't find a clip at the shops) - I'd just buy
it if it wasn't expensive, but at the price I want a listen first.  Or maybe
it's something I saw/heard briefly and liked in the
shop but has gone now.  I want a proper listen before I start on the major
NETQUEST to find that last new copy with a shop  - I
mention this because in this case hopefully the artist is going to get some £
as a result.  If I find music I like I always buy it
on vinyl if I can and maybe on CD if not so I don't feel bad about using p2p.
On the other hand if the corporate world suddenly
found a way to completely stop it I wouldn't feel that was wrong.

My question is do people have another one to recommend other than Soulseek?
I'm about to migrate to a new machine and would prefer
something else.  Lot's of people recommend Soulseek but I often don't find what
I'm looking for on there.  Apparently this is
because everybody now restricts their files to lists of people they know or
swap stuff in private rooms or something.  I'm sure
that's fine if you've time / are into that sort of thing.  I use it about once
every 6 months and would like something simple where
I just search for a tune and download it and that's it.  I definitely don't
have time to go checking out online rooms, meeting the
Soulseek community etc.  Thinking of trying Limewire as I hear that's popular
but I don't know much about these things.