I'm wishing all who attend a great festival, and offering some advice.

1. If you go to an afterparty and you're not parked right under a
streetlight on Woodward, park in a lot with an attendant.  Trust me on
this.

2. Go to Submerge, and introduce yourself.  Introduce yourself to
other shoppers. Watch out for Europeans on their first trip to Detroit
-- they're prone to swoon.  Go upstairs to the Museum.  Give T Linder
some crap if he's hanging around.

3. Eat breakfast at the Clique, at the Shorecrest, a few blocks south
of the Ren Cen.

4. If there's one night that none of the afterparties thrill you, hang
at the hotel and chill. This will keep you from being one of the
walking dead by Monday afternoon.

5. The most important night to hit an afterparty is Monday. Otherwise,
leaving the gates at Hart Plaza is so sad.

6. Figure you're going to spend $50 on water at the festival and stop
worrying about it. Filling an empty bottle in the bathrooms feels
really gross.

7. Don't bring in contraband, the Detroit cops are chill until they
aint and then they are your worst nightmare.

8. OTOH make a big bag of healthy treats, send in a friend, and pitch
the bag over the fence away from the gate and any security.

9. If you don't feel what you're hearing, move.  It's always the case
that someone you never heard of is going to blow you away.