Every DJ i saw there had problems with that mixer so I don't think
that's a fair comment.

Shake had his cousin and a kid from the neighborhood come with him
just to look after him, even help him get the records out of the bag,
and they were, as I was, just really happy he even made it. He was so
tired at the end he wanted to give up!

I'm not saying his illness is an "excuse" for anything but Shake was
fun and it doesn't really matter he played the same music. I mean,
sometimes I hear a "similar" mix by dj after dj and that's ok if
everything else is (crowd, atmosphere) works. I'll give an example -
when Jeff was going through his big disco phase I swear I heard the
most similar mix about 3 times and I enjoyed it everytime. I admit by
the time I heard it the 3rd time I was recognising tracks but it was
still GOOD.

You need to drop the trainspotting and just chill and enjoy yourself.