From: kent williams [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2007 12:28 PM
To: list 313; do id; iacitybeats
Subject: (313) Airto Live June 29 Iowa City

Airto playing the Iowa City Jazz Festival saturday night.

If you're not familiar, Airto Moreira is a Brazilian drummer and
percussionist who came to the US in the 60s and played with Miles
Davis, Weather Report, Chick Corea (before he began sucking hard), and
led his own band on many albums, including the incomparable 'Fingers,'
which has been sampled frequently for House tracks...

Unfortunately my batteries crapped out before his last 2 numbers -- he
ended with 'Tomba in 7/4' which is among his most exciting and durable
compositions.

http://www.cornwarning.com/xfer/Airto-6-29-2007.mp3