At 08:58 AM 3/1/2000, you wrote:
Greetings,

I've managed to ID a track I've been after for ages (god bless Hardwax) and it's on Kompakt records. Can somebody give me some more information on this label - by the sounds of it their stuff is pretty exceptional.

Kompakt is indeed an exceptional label (and distributer
as well). They - along with labels like Ware, Popular
Org., and Profan - are probably the tops in Cologne-
styled techno & tech-house. Almost every one of
the Kompakt releases are keepers but my favorites
are the releases by Dettinger, Paape, Mayer, Dubstar,
and Voigt. I suggest you get both Kompakt comps
for an inexpensive way to explore the sound that
Kompakt has.

Here is a Kompakt discography:
. Jurgen Paape: Triumph 12" (Kompakt 01)
. Dettinger: Blond 12" (Kompakt 02)
. Jurgen Paape: Glanz  12" (Kompakt 03)
. M. Mayer: 17&4 12" (Kompakt 04)
. Joachim Spieth: Abi 99 12" (Kompakt 05)
. Dettinger: Puma 12" (Kompakt 06)
. Schaeben & Voss: Dicht Dran 12" (Kompakt 07)
. Benjamin Wild: Kronberg 12" (Kompakt 08)
. Reinhard Voigt: Robson Ponte 12" (Kompakt 09)
. Total 1 comp cd/2xlp (Kompakt 10
. Dubstar: Shining Through 12" (Kompakt 11)
. Dettinger: Totentanz 12" (Kompakt 12)
. Sascha Funke: Campus 12" (Kompakt 13)
. Kompakt Extra comp 12" (Kompakt Extra 01)
. Koln Kompakt 1 comp cd (Kompakt cd01)
. Dettinger: Intershop cd (Kompakt cd02)

Hope this helps!

-->-Lance---
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
p.o. box 450715