hello--

this is kinda off topic, but it has to do with the survival of techno in unfriendly territory, so
any help would be appreciated..

i'm looking for some websites or on-line chat rooms to promote the BORROWED LANGUAGE
techno/electro night here in chicago.

we've had some really great guests and more to come (jay denham on march 19th!!)--but
we can't seem to break the 150 mark as far as attendance goes.

we've got a few things working against us..

a)  we're in chicago
b) the venue closes at 2am
c) the night is on sunday

you folks would be fucking amazed at how much talent there is in this city in the techno vein that goes completely overshadowed by chicago "club culture??" (what an oxymoron...) we have a small but dedicated group of dj's/producers that need to get exposed, and that is what the night is all about. the space is very laid back, more known as an indie rock/jazz club than anything else, and the people who do come out on a regular basis are "true heads"--no fancy dress code, no glow sticks or pacifiers, no push up bras or drug peddlers....a real tribe of fighters...

anyway, i'm not giving up yet--i just need as much info as i can get to expand my promotional
avenues.  thanks in advance.

refusing to quit---

izade

just to give you and idea of what goes down music wise, i'll rattle of some label/artist names that got play at the last installment (not a complete list, just a quick memory flash..)

underground resistance (as always), Vmax (ditto), axis, ifach, m-plant, kms, the memory foundation, bandulu/space djs, ectomorph and the IT crew, direct beat, transmat, music man, surgeon, james ruskin, ebe, marco carola, lost recordings, kraftwerk, coil, chris and cosey, oliver ho, 430 west, kenny larkin, carl craig, beta bodega, schematic, sutech, kit clayton, burial mix, basic channel, chain reaction, claude young, juan atkins, kompakt, carl "flash" finlow, stacey pullen, ignacio, paul mac, g-man and LFO, aril brikha, I-f, black nation, viewlexx, push button objects....

i could go on, but you get the idea--undergound mental dance music with purpose and insight....