So I picked up a couple old compilation albums a few days ago that are
quite interesting, but I've never heard of before.

One is "Syncopate '88" on Capitol from (you guessed it) 1988, with a bunch
of vocal house stuff like Kym Mazelle "Useless" and tracks like "Dancing
and Music," and a completely captivating "Movin' 88" remix of Brass
Construction.

That one has a Union Jack on the cover and a banner saying "London Towne
House."

The other one is called Techno 1/Dance? (KMS-018) that looks like it must
have come out at the end of 1988 or early 1989, since all the credits are
for 1988.  Pretty much an allstar lineup: Definition of Love, Yeah Yeah
Yeah ("Magic Juan"), a KMS remix of MK/Separate Mind's First Bass, Illusion
(R. Tyme with Mayday, D. Wynn, KMS, produced by Mayday, mixed by Magic Juan --
yow!) and Beyond the Dance.  Among others :)

I've got a few other comps from that time, mostly house and mostly not
all that good, so I put these in the "recommended" category.

phred