----------
>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: (313) live PAs Live PAs :)
>Date: Sat, Mar 11, 2000, 5:40 AM
>

>Matthew L. Thompson,[EMAIL PROTECTED],internet writes:
>>A friend of mine has a shirt that reads on the back side, "Fuck off - I'm
>>mixing"
>I'd like to see a DJ with a shirt that says, "Who the fuck is Jeff Mills?" (or
>Richie, or May, etc...)

Actually, sorry, I don't know if you meant it kinda seriously, but I don't
think that is funny. As it is *too few* people beyond the dance scene do
know who Derrick May and Jeff Mills are.

Let me restate the obvious: these guys created a movement and have given us
remarkable, brilliant
music and are outstanding DJs yet there are forces out there who wish to
render them invisible. I think some people on this list will know what I
mean and understand my point.

Richie deserves his props also - I think he has kept it real.

While I'm at it, why are you all 'playa hating' Alan for what he said about
Detroit 'techno'. He is an instigator behind this music! I think he knows
what he is talking about and I for one respect his view. He is not alone in
saying this. A few great Detroit producers are looking to transcend
'techno'. They are making outstanding music that you may not think of as
'techno' in the 'conventional' sense. Some people cringe when you use the
word 'techno'. It's become a very loaded term, regrettably, in Detroit
circles.

I now wish to say something positive: has anyone heard the new Kosmik
Messenger/Stacey Pullen track on Mr C's End Recordings? It will be out on a
new mix-CD Mr C is doing. But the track will also come out (or it could be
out already) on a spin-off EP. Stacey's new track is called Polyphonic
Destruction.

Peace (literally)

Cyclone