-----Original Message-----
From: InForm3r <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 313@hyperreal.org <313@hyperreal.org>
Date: Tuesday, 7 March 2000 11:32
Subject: (313) Rockin' House Comp.

    Does anyone have or know where I can get a compilation called "Rockin'
House?" Its an LP with a bunch of ole skool Chicago tracks.

right! "Rockin House" is an old chicago label run by a guy named
Rodney Baker who was also the main artist on the label(bassicly
i suspect everything is by him including all those trax on that
compilation.Apart of the 2 Tyree rekids.I'm pretty sure that,Jose
Gomez,Beat MeKanIk,The Answer,Fred Brown etc,are just aliases
you can find a label discography for them,that i've done at:
http://ad.techno.org/
the compilation is called  "Rockin House Tracks"  rh002  1987
it has:
Keith Anderson - jack your back
Fred Brown - roman days
Terrence Woodward - jack the box
Kenny K Collins - beat my house

i would assume you  mainly want it for the "jack the box" track.
As this is my favourite,and is also an important building block in the
long runing " the box" saga,started with the classic Matt Warren -
Bang the box,and,santos - work the box, in 86,and continued with
Adonis,Mr Fingers(total control),the children etc etc ,  to reapear in
the late 90's in 313 classics such as: R Hawtin"bang the box"(under
"jack Master" guise) ,or DBx's - losing control
good luck finding one,last i've seen Clone records(Serge) in roterdam
had one in stock try them
http://clone.nl/
Other recomendations of the Rockin House cat are:
the Answer - john(detroitish w phuture like vocals) rh8
tyree - music(acid line,piano etc,w Mike Dunn)  rh7
tyree -video clash(imo the best version out of the 4(others were by lil
          louis,bam bam& mike dun) has some rapin! rh6
the answer - party line(very erotic,moaning etc w some phuture like
                      male vocals  rh6

hopes this helps

e,r