Hey guys ... just wanted to share my extreme pleasure with a few things I received this past week...

Jesper Dahlbäck - Sand & Vatten (on SVEK)

Dahlbäck aka The Persuader just seems UNSTOPPABLE! This is a 4 track 12" that incorporates more of the live instrumentation production techniques that we heard on STOCKHOLM. Two tracks... Sand & Vatten ... Dub versions of each are also on the records. The music is supreme... the dub ones are somewhat dancefloor friendly and have really interesting syncopation. File under "deep house"

10/10.

G-Man [the album on i220]

I don't have time to say too much about this one other than that it really sits well with me... two slabs of nice syncopation and really fresh percussion sounds [I guess that makes this an "album"]. File under "tech-house/techno"

9/10

Scuba - Where the Wild Things Are

Quite frankly I picked up this release for one track that I cannot seem to get enough of "Heaven" being the one in question. It is INCREDIBLE. Heard this one first on Derrick May's Mayday mix CD and have been trying to hunt it down since. Smooth chords, warm vocal sample... combined with an interlude of a woman talking about fantasies [in Spanish]... really really really beautiful and uplifting yet dancefloor oriented.

10/10 for that track... the rest of the 12" I don't really like... overall 6.5/10.. but I'd recommend picking it up for just that cut.

UK Gold Soulless EP - PRIMEEVIL 018

3 tracks here... no real info was given on the promo sheet about who these guys are but there are 2 really phat phat tracks on here. A1 is "Agent Wood" and AA1 "Confined" are the ones to focus on. 130+ BPM tracks with a really solid kick to them and heavy basslines combined with vocal snippets that say things like "oooh... yeah... makes you feel good" [there's both a male voice and a female voice, sort of alternating between the measures sprinkled with this sample and it sounds really nice].

9/10

... thats all for this week!

/peter
~>= www.textures.org = 90.5 WUSC-FM = wusc.sc.edu =<~
~>= 803.544.2519 [tel] ========= 803.544.2543 [fax] =<~
~>= box 81129 / columbia, sc / 29225 == ICQ: 3157482 =<~
~> There's a strong relationship between music and art.   <~
~> It's not so much music or an art exactly, it's lifestyle." <~