Hi,

Jeff's new release has been at my hands.
I must say i was quite impressed w/ it:

The music is a colletion of his more complex, structured and melodic works. A few classics, some new and previously unreleased songs make this a very interesting record, which i hope to set up new standards for techno in the 2000s.

The design is about Color Significance which was the subject of a discussion conducted in Jeff's Axis www.

The concept is about Jeff himself and his work as a musical artist; The CD booklet contains an interview of Jeff with a psychologist. In Jeff's word: "To understand Axis and how it works is to understand who i am and how i tick. Looking for the most thorough course and manner to create this, the ideia came to me to have myself mentally examined, not by a music journalist but by a professional, a doctor of human psyche, a Psychologist. After months of searching for qualified psychologist that would have time and interest in this project, we were able to find a well established Chicago based agency of psychology that found this idea challenging as well as compatible with their field. On december 27th 1999, through multiple written examinations and aural interview sessions, the frame of Axis and myself began to surface."

CD Tracklist: Jeff Mills: Life Like LP (Music Man)

Yantra (taken from AX-04)
Condor to Mallorca (taken from Waveforms Vol.3)
Global Factor *
Zenith (taken from "From the 21st")
Nepta (taken from AX-15)
Babylon (Takem from PM-06)
Minnia (taken from X-103 on TResor)
Detached (taken from Mix it Up Vol.2) *
Systematic *
Cometh *
Solara (taken from "From the 21st")
Avenger *
Eclipse (taken from AX-18)
With/Dove (With taken from AX-12 and Dove taken from "From the 21st")

Tracklist 12" vinyl:

Condor to Mallorca
Time After Space *
Detached *
Black Avenger *

* previously unreleased tracks

Time After Space (on the 12") and Global Factor (on the CD) are the same track. The same for Black Avenger (on the 12") and Avenger (on the 12").

The vinyl is supposed to be released on Axis as AX-21.
In summary, the music is great and accordingly to Jeff's word: "Through compiling 14 selected compositions from Axis Records, Purpose Maker, Tomorrow catalogue that bare the most characer, it it an attempt to display the soul of what I do and what has been created."

"Mas ele podia ter maneirado na punhetagem!" - Escritor Conhecido

All for now.

Cheers,

Guilherme