-----Original Message-----
From: martin clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 313@hyperreal.org <313@hyperreal.org>
Date: Wednesday, 15 March 2000 0:07
Subject: (313) 7"

>can anyone think about any techno or electronica 7"

there are lots of them
i think the earliest would be Juan 2 x 7" on deepspace
with "alleys of your mind"(don't have one but i know a couple
of ppl that do,it's very hard to find as you can imagine)
as for electronica,there are tons of'em,a few that comes to mind
are all the cabaret voltaire 7" esp the very electro vocoded"seconds
too late" ,400 - "beat the devil"(T Thorpe,moody boys ,klf) on
iluminated,Tuxedomoon - 59 to 1remix  on Ralph("good times
bassline,rhythm box etc,, dj hell still throw this in electro sets)
Muslimgauze as EG Oblque Graph - tripitch , TG,Die Form,Coil,Yello,,,,,,
of course there are lots of australian ones too(Informatix - "proximity
switch" on au go go,would be a classic example ,Metronomes,
spencer spencer,systematics etc)
Kraftwerk off course had a lot of 7" too

>are there any classic detroit 7"s?

well in late 80's every big"hit" used to be on 7",so "big time" &
"good life" as well as all the FFRR stuff,are all out there(call it
acid,back to the beat,French kiss,blackout etc)
Chicago Trax themselves had 4 or 5  out, these are very rare&
according to Larry Sherman these were made specialy for dist
in da "west coast" the only one i've seen had Adonis-no way back
w Farmboy on the b,so i suppose they were all 2 "hits" on the
one 7",also Silk - Jack your body had a 7" rlse as i remember
a pub i used to go to that had it in the jukebox,same goes for
"Pump up the volume"
there's a 7" i have(thanx B D)that was given away with "record miror"
magazine,with Coldcut's"sweet tooth sonny - acid drops" on one
side and a great "4th Floor Allstars" mix by Frankie Mitchel(who
is better known as "Bones")of all their early stuff  from tod terry,
lenny d,bones&musto,very nice
another early uk one (89)is from Iradial's Aqua Regia- Aquanosolo

as for actual detroit stuff,only ones i have
K Larkin - wonderin(freeb with warp lp)
paperclip ppl -throw    open 7001
dopplereffekt -bbicwnn    mdx1
acid pimp - just call me dady  chesire
dan curtin - matter of sound  met 07140
fuse -overdrive  +8019 flexi
there was another 7" i think, by Gerald of dopplerfx under a diffrent
name(bmg sold me that one when he worked in RT so he should know),i cant
rmmbr what it was called and i ended up swapin
this with somebody
also on a detroit label "Pulsar Records" , midwest artist
Laura Grab - dox 006
talking about midwest you have 7" from both leading labels there
Analoge & Drop Bass Network,but after the Delta 9 coment in
back to Europe,leading the way in my ltle 7" crate are the guys
from Den Haag,my favourite must be a black label,no title thingie
were sombody(ference) keep repeating "destroying my brain"
in the matrix # mzo 1781 .  Another favourite is:  Unit Moebius -
acid planet 1(this one has a track b2,that always remind me of
the 1st drumcode rekid without the compression) . There's also
Acid Planet #2 by BS1 , then there's this fast electro 7" on green
vinyl with the info being ASBEST 001????
best looking one:) is a double 7" by Beverly Hills 808303 v's Hott
on Viewlexx , one green ,one pink vinyl
from Austria i got 2 titles,first one on Cheap(freeb with Cheap13)
i think it's by Pulsinger ,another one was by Putaznick on spr 100107
Switzerland i have 2 both by dj Sid,1st one on white vinyl(mental
Groove records) a nice dbx like cut called "boots&lipglosss"
other one is a flexi
C Lekebusch had a 7"(as Magenta) on Experimental ex30
Thomas Heckman had a brliant,very D May like 7" as Drax on
Trope 002,defintly the best thing he has ever done,you simply
would not believe that it's him , another good German one is
by Vermona on white vinyl(toktok Robotnik 003) again very dbx'ish
on white vinyl
from the uk you have a b12&don lite one as Substance on Ulr
S O'salivan on Green 003 ,Railway Raver-acid4the 90's(freeb with
his Rephlex lp),Counterattack - we can (Counterattack)
Arovane(Greece??) had 2 lately etc etcetc

>wasnt mike inc's kreisel series on 7"

yes,but alot of them are represes for old stuff,so if you have a large
Ink collection beware,you might come home&realise you already
have this ;)

>mask100-500 was that on 7"

boards of canada - Aquarious on skam

e,r