In a message dated 3/14/00 3:09:18 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< >> Get your ass over

>> here Alan!!   :-)
>>
> What can I tell you, Europe doesn't want me !

but bloomington, indiana certainly did! :)

gotta say, alan tore it up for us this past weekend...

special moments included
- alan killing the sound and telling it like it is, "fuck the bullshit!"...
- a complete 180 from a deep mull track into dearborn's "voice of god"
(which turned into a techno sing along with a bunch of crazy techno nuts
singing acapella: "the voice...of god")
- a comment to delta nine (who was following alan) to take his hardcore
elsewhere
- the octave one "jaguar" remix
- and getting an oddly-timed and unexpected free peep show while chilling at
the back of the venue (i won't forget the look on your face alan...) :)

damn. thank god for good music.

bom shankar!
--varsha

: varsha - psychedelic techno            :
: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                         :
: PTLF : SUBterror : Scarab Records      :
: Nokturnal Netwerks                     :
: http://beam.to/varsha                  :
: AOL AIM: varshaPTLF                    :

One last thing about the Bloomington/Indianapolis gig, I was very very
gratified by the crowd's response. They *really* knew their music ! I'd say
80% of my set is white labels, but the hardcore trainspotters IDed the tunes
no problem, while the rest of the room danced their asses off. I haven't had
that much crowd response since God knows when. Everything was perfect,
sound-wise, and they even had the new Pioneer DJM-600 mixer with filter
effects added to the arsenal. Sweet ! With all the hype on the US rave scene
going all commercial trance on us, my faith in the Midwest (where it all
began) is renewed ! I'm even using exclamation points ! Just last week Mills
was asking me the hot spots to play in the US; add Indy to the list. Thanks
to everyone involved with "Technophoria", and the kids who came out despite a
big snowstorm.

a.

on now: Bowery Electric - Lushlife

PS: John Digweed had a blurb in last week's Entertainment Weekly (due to the
rave movie, "Groove", that he has a cameo in), another reason to shoot myself.