Good article, but there's a few discrepancies:

1.  Fashion policy @ Pure.  vs Last quotation from Lulgjuraj.
2.  What are Detroit clubs missing, specifically?
3.  What is making the 'dance club scene' "energized"?  $$?
4.  Clubs like Lush and Velvet, who're known for their live band performances
    (respect to Liz and Terrence, respectively), have to be careful squashing
    out their variety.  Shit, I do my weekly residency in an Irish bar..  I'm
    just as guilty of stepping on toes, but I also don't do it there seven
    nights a week.
5.  What kind of a "scene" is Motor these days?  :}

For the most, it's a pretty positive article, don't you think?  :)
It's certainly better than the drug-fueled stuff we've seen in the past.., and
as far as the city jumping on the techno bandwagon?  Well, as they always will,
people will support what they want to keep alive.

HP

Lester Kenyatta Spence wrote:

http://www.freep.com/cgi-bin/entertaintease.pl?/entertainment/newsandreviews/dan
cin31_20000331.htm

  interesting detroit free press article today.  a couple of them actually.

           Lester Kenyatta Spence     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
           Ph.D. Candidate in American Politics
           University of Michigan

           "Strive for excellence in all you do, that no
           fault may be found in your character...."