The LAWeekly did a cover story on the "nine lives of rave" this month. Past the obligatory "Oakenfold rulez" spread is a nice little interview with Juan Atkins where he talks about racial barriers in America and trance as soulless marching music. Parallel to discussions I've read on this board, he cites "a black dude -- one of my homeboys in Detroit" (Red Planet - Star Dancer) as the trance sound's blueprint. Thought someone might be interested, available at www.laweekly.com . Also Larry Heard in LA on November 24th!!! Can't wait for that one.