Wasn't Ian Levine a big time DJ back in the "Northern Soul" days? I believe his
second career was the "invention" of HI-NRG?

From: "Jason Martin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> at INET-1
Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2001 7:32 AM
To: <313@hyperreal.org> at INET-1
Subject: RE: [313] speaking of sylvester... (was Re: [313] song id)

megatone was label that released a lot of sylvesters work, patrick cowley
may well have been behind it (so to speak  ;)

the record you have there sounds very "hi-nrg" especially if ian levine is
involved - he was a big uk northern soul dj that swtiched on to disco in the
late 70's and then onto to what he termed 'hi-nrg' in the early 80's
(basically a fast and cheesy synth-oriented version of disco)..

-j
www.suenomartino.net