> Anyone have any experience with these custom fitted ear plugs?

I have a pair.

Basically, you make an appointment to get silicone goo poured into your
ears.  This hardens into a mold which is then extracted and sent to a lab
for fitting.  So each pair is custom-fitted to the owner.
The molding process isn't painful but it's a bit uncomfortable.
My pair has a removable filter which can be swapped with others with a
different dB reduction rating.  I think my filters are 15 dB - maybe 20.
Either way, I've never needed to get anything better and I've heard some
LOUD stuff with those in.
I wouldn't say they're completely transparent, but they're much much better
than the foam ones you can buy at drug stores.  The attenuation is pretty
flat across the frequency spectrum.
They're a bit pricey but well worth it.  My pair cost about $120.

My $.02,
Dennis DeSantis
www.mp3.com/vanderrohe