Yeah, it was cool. What I particularly liked was that all the talking heads
used (Marshall Jefferson, Chip E, Derrick May, Larry Sherman, Earl Smith,
various clubgoers etc) were people who were actually there and part of it,
not just pundits and commentators. The narrative was a bit overblown
occasionally, though.

I think the last quarter, which as I remember followed the section about
house's transition to vinyl via Jesse Saunders' 'On And On', was basically
about Phuture discovering acid and Marshall Jefferson releasing 'Move Your
Body'. The argument was that House was now poised to - dum dum der! - take
over the world!

On the whole, they stuck to the main players/clubs: Disco, Paradise
Garage/NYC, Warehouse/Knuckles, Muzic Box/Ron Hardy (I never knew Muzic Box
was spelled with a Z), Trax, Jesse Saunders/Vince Lawrence, Marshall J etc.

My favourite bit was when Saunders and Lawrence told how they went down to a
record shop with a thousand copies of 'On And On' and offered them to the
buyer. They expected to sell the guy a few copies and to have to haggle over
the price; instead he took them all at the price they named. "He wrote out a
cheque for $4000 on the spot. We went back outside, got in the car and
screamed!"

I'll be watching next week. By the way, I'll be getting all the music
channels on cable soon - what, if any, shows cater to the
underground/electronic/dance fan?

TOM

Subject: Re: [313] For those in the U.K.