It was an e-mail interview. I was supposed to do the interview at the bruch at Submerge on the Tuesday after this years DEMF, but Jeff had forgotten about a dentist appointment so we ended up doing it by e-mail. I had a lot more questions than that, but he picked out those ten. The interview up at the Technotourist site is nothing more than the q&a of that interview.

John

From: "Cyclone Wehner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 313 Detroit <313@hyperreal.org>
Subject: Re: [313] The Tao of Mills
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 01:08:48 +1100

I am almost 99 percent certain this was an e-mail (written) interview. I
think Jeff maybe writes a little more formally than he speaks. This often
happens with e-mail interviews, people are more aware of the written word
and approach the interview differently. I have to say Jeff is extremely
generous with his e-mail interviews, a lot of artists write one sentence
answers, whereas he puts time and thought into them! But I don't think
people realise that while he is intellectually curious he has a good sense
of humour which is part of that optimism. I think that obliqueness you refer
to is a product of his relativistic outlook which is the thing that most
fascinates me about Mills - it takes a lot of mental discipline to be
relativistic about things!

This was a great read!

Incidentally I expect/anticipate HYPER detailed reports of the Agents Of
Change party on this list!! :)