Hello folks!

Winter is upon us here in the Northern Hemisphere, and we
all need something to listen to while we huddle indoors.
With that in mind, I've once again uploaded my latest mix
CD for your MP3 enjoyment.  As usual, I've included a
tracklisting.

You can get the mix at:

http://ugrad.csua.berkeley.edu/~lye/elib18.mp3

There's also:

http://ugrad.csua.berkeley.edu/~lye/elib16.mp3
http://ugrad.csua.berkeley.edu/~lye/elib17.mp3

if you missed them before.

For those in the SF area, don't forget our Kenny Larkin
party on Saturday Dec 8th.  Info at 415.820.4876, or email
me at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thanks,

Eli B

P.S. Yes, this mix does have 313 content.

--- BEGIN TRACKLISTING ---

DJ Eli B - Deep In Winter 2001

1. Soul Designer (aka Fabrice Lig) - Detroit Sound - FComm

This is from Fabrice's "EP1," which I believe is his first
full release for FComm.  My favorite of all his latest
records, this release is his usual beautiful detroit
influenced melodic techno-house, but with much better
production than anything before it.

2. Bushwacka! - Zebidee - Oblong

This EP might make my top ten of the year, despite its
nostalgic old-school feel.  Both sides are included on this
mix.  This one is more of a mid-set track that sounds like
3 tracks in one: a big chord melodic number, an acid house
track, and a funky techno track.

3. Jamie Anderson - In Two Minds - NRK

The Jamie Anderson album rocks and there are two tracks
from it on this mix.  This particular cut is a spacey
techno/garage hybrid.

4. Technasia - Force - Technasia

Just love these guys...I'm sure you've heard this one
before.

5. DJ Sneak - Juicy Beats - Magnetic

DJ Sneak's new label is 3 for 3 so far - all good bangin'
funky stuff with a decidedly raw edge.

6. Baruka - Play It Loud (Original) - Monoid

Eukahouse re-released the long mix of this awhile back, but
Monoid had the sense to put out the original which I prefer.
The new remixes on this double are pretty much cack though.

7. Carsten Fietz - Fly By Wire - Choke

I've been sleeping on the Choke stuff for awhile but not
anymore.  This is a niiiiice big bass track, really evil.
Most of the stuff on the label is in a lighter, spacier
vein.

8. Tim Xavier & Charles Little - Jackie's Chant - Contaminated

Surprisingly good techno tool from Contaminated,
good pitched down that is (i think this is at minus 5).
Chunky tribal techno with some light chords and chanting
sounds late in the track.

9. Steve Rachmad - Sinosphere - Sino

Technasia's new sublabel Sino has put out a blinder here,
definitely one of my tracks of the year.  Deep, eerie tribal
techno with some gorgeous sounds.  Not too little, not too
much, just riiiight.  Look for a new Sino soon by John
Tejada with a Rachmad remix.

10. Octave One feat. Ann Saunderson
        - Black Water (E Dancer Dub) - Concept UK

E Dancer remixes Black Water, already stunning, and takes
it on a super dark, late night tip.

11. Bushwacka! - Chorus - Oblong

Off the same Oblong 12", this is an old school piano anthem
redone for the new millenium with gorgeous production.  Those
who don't like a little obvious emotion in their techno
should probably skip it.

12. Jamie Anderson - Puesta De La Sol - NRK

Again from the new album...More garage/tech from the man.

13. Gemini - Body - NRK

Really old Gemini classic from '97 that I found lying in
the back of a bin.  Every track on this EP is ace...this
is one of the particularly deep cuts.

14. Soha - Gabbeh - Basic

Julien Jabre and DJ Gregory as Soha are making some of the
best deep house around right now, period.  Their Africanism
record blew my head off when Derrick May played it at the
KMS afterparty in Detroit, and I've been a fan ever since.
The latest Basic is some extremely deep, trippy stuff.
The quality of the sounds here cannot be emphasized enough...
The flipside of this record is the best cut but I like this
one as well.

15. 4Hero - Fleur (King Britt remix) - Talkin' Loud

Just awesome.  Another track of the year.  Can't really
describe it.

16. Shake - Stereotype/Detroit State of Mind - Frictional

Crazy abstract breaks and downtempo to settle your mind
out at the end... Shake is the man!  He performed amazingly
well at the DEMF despite being crippled by multiple
sclerosis.

--- END TRACKLISTING ---