> it's funny isn't it but i suspect a booze-less club over here would
> immediately arouse the suspicions of the authorities...
>
> a cultural difference i guess

Ohh but they do...  one of the drawbacks of going to DT's Friday night
party,  and there are quite few these days unfortunately,  is that there are
always a few undercover cops cruising around trying to spot dealers.  Not to
mention the paranoid bouncers who routinely throw innocent people out
because they were thought to be doing some sort of drug.  Any club with no
booze is automatically suspected of heavy drug 'infiltration'....and those
suspicions are generally spot on,  for better or worse.

Honestly I'd rather be in a club where people (not candi-ravers;) are on e
than a club rammed with drunks.  I went to the Tronic party at Baktun
tonight and danced to Richie Hawtin,  Magda,  and Miss Honey Dijon until
4AM...only problem was the number of idiots from parts unknown who got
pissed,  sweaty,  jumped around at what they perceived to be an appropriate
moment,  SLAMMED into unsuspecting punters constantly AND stepped on
people's feet whilst they were dancing.  I just got finished cleaning my
Nikes and am decidedly in an anti-booze mood just now;-)

I am a drinker,  but being totally inconsiderate of one's fellow revelers is
never cool imho.

Laters,

m*

btw...first hour of Hawtin's set kinda bored me but the second got a little
housier and more interesting.  Magda rocked it as usual!  Honey really
surprised me and played really hard,  impressive.  Was surprised to notice
Richie using the same laptop (Sony VAIO) I use and love!