Well, Speedy J has had quite a varied output, some of which I would rank as
drill'n bass (think Mike Paradinas et al), some of which is clearly IDM
(mostly what he released on Warp), some is Detroit techno - and good Detroit
techno too, I'm thinking about his +8 records... Haven't been listening to
this specific one for a while now, but I've got fond memories of it ; and it
certainly is a good example of good IDM. There are plenty of people putting
out excellent IDM these days - off the top of my head : check out the Leaf
comps - and there have been plenty releasing great IDM in the last ten
years... just check out the Warp catalogue

Gwendal