From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2002 11:48 AM
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: [313] Kevin/Carl/NYC

Even though very little information was posted about Kevin Saunderson and
Carl Craig spinning at the newly revived shelter club in NYC on Friday night
some folks found out about it and showed up. The shelter is the new home of
the legendary Phazon sound system that used to be at Twilo. I had high
expectations for hearing both Kevin and Carl abuse this system. Since
Shelter is a multi-floor club, there were several other party's going on
simultaneously. There seemed to be a lot of confusion throughout the night
and the Kevin/Carl party actually got moved to another floor at 2:30am I met
Mike Doyle www.burnlab.net and we happened to run into Richie who stopped
by. He was as confused as us about where to go.
By 4am, after spending about an hour and a half in the Phazon space hearing
drum and bass Mike and I came to the conclusion that neither of these guys
were going to play. There were quite a few disappointed and irate people
walking around feeling the sting of spending $25 to get in grow as the night
wore on. I left at 4:15am managing to suffer through an evening where Shades
of Jae was the ONLY musical bright spot.

Does anyone know what happened?

-dave