Hello,

Last week we heard The KLF's 1990 ambient masterpiece Chill Out. This 12 year old album was one of the harbingers of the ambient and ambient house movements of the early 1990's. It is said that this album was actually half Alex Patterson from The Orb and The KLF. Regardless of who mixed it, it remains a remarkably successful collision of found sound and electronics. While in some ways it sounds naive after more than a decade of polished ambient releases, it retains the charm of an album that was made by a few geezers who were up for a laugh.

I also had some extra time last week, so I played Radio-Activity by Kraftwerk in its entirety as well.

This week, March 30th, Current will be doing a feature on Amsterdam's Delsin label. Delsin is an electronic soul label that features artists such as Dimension 5, New World Aquarium, Strand, Optic Nerve, $tinkworx, CiM, Aardvark, and Future Beat Alliance. For the second hour of the show I will be doing a retrospective of the highlights of this excellent Dutch label.

Current Playlist: 03.23.02

Hour One:

Christian Kleine-Kritzel (Beyond Repair) City-Centre Offices
Pulse Programming-Light (Prelim) Aesthetics
Plaid-Eshish (Trainer) Warp
Brian Eno-The Secret Place (Apollo) EG
Harold Budd and The Cocteau Twins-Memory Gongs (The Moon & Melodies) 4ad
Harold Budd and Brian Eno-First Light (The Plateaux Of Mirror) EG
David Bowie-Warszawa (Low) Rykodisc
Monolake-Indigo (Cinemascope) EFA/Imbalance
Vladislav Delay-Kohde (Entain) Mille Plateaux
Arovane-Scapen Te (Atol Scrap) Din
Jega-Geometry (Geometry) Matador
Boards Of Canada-Everything You Do Is A Balloon (Hi-Scores EP) Skam
Arovane-Eleventh! (Tides) City-Centre Offices

Hour Two: The KLF "Chill Out" Album Feature

Brownsville Turnabout on the Tex-Mex Border
Pulling Out of Ricardo and the Dusk is Falling Fast
Six Hours to Louisiana, Black Coffee going Cold
Dream Time in Lake Jackson
Maurugada Eterna
Justified and Ancient Seems a Long Time Ago
Elvis on the Radio, Steel Guitar in my Soul
3am Somewhere out of Beaumont
Wichita Lineman was a Song I Once Heard
Transcentral Lost in my Mind
The Lights of Baton Rouge Pass By
A Melody from a Past Life Keeps Pulling Me Back
Rock Radio into the Nineties and Beyond
Alone Again with the Dawn Coming Up

Hour Three: Kraftwerk "Radio-Activity" Album Feature

Geiger counter
Radioactivity
Radioland
Airwaves
Intermission
News
The voice of energy
Antenna
Radio stars
Uranium
Transistor
Ohm sweet ohm

Current is a radio show dedicated to promoting the finest electronic
music from Detroit and across the globe. Current broadcasts in the
Detroit/Windsor metropolitan area on Saturday evenings from Midnight
to Two AM on CJAM 91.5 FM. Current can be heard across the planet in
streaming format at: http://zeus.uwindsor.ca/cjam/index.html

To join the Current Mailing List, send a blank email to the following address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thanks,
Mike Taylor
Current

Take care,