313'er Simon Walley (CiM) came through Los Angeles last night, on a bill with
Claire (of Clear/Smallfish/deFocus fame) DJ'ing and John Tejada live.

And what a top night it was!  The intimacy of the WonderBar, lots of friends
and new friends (including Electro wizard Carl Finlow - he of Silicon Scally
et al. fame - in town for a show tonight that I'm about to leave to go to),
and wonderful music from beginning to end.

Claire interspersed deFocus tracks with old Detroit chestnuts - "Night Drive",
"The Beginning" et al.  Lovely!

John Tejada played a great live set.  He's now an iBook-based lifeform.
John's live sets never disappoint - he's really become a master craftsman.

Simon proceeded to take over laptop duties and played a whole bushel of
new tracks - I only recognized 2 or 3 from "Reference".  He even threw
in an unreleased remix of one of John's "Matrix of Us" track.
("I'll go back there and kill him afterwards", John later said kiddingly)

The new tracks were predictably ecclectic and totally CiM - well done Simon!

Maybe it wasn't strictly a 313 night per se - but it's as close as we lot
seem to get these days!  Is it DEMF time yet?

SF folks, go see CiM and John tomorrow night ... you won't regret it.

        - Greg (Technotourist, West Coast division)