From: Cyclone Wehner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 5:22 AM
To: 313 Detroit
Subject: RE: (313) deep house (was 100 BEST DJ IN THE WORLD (Mills)

There's good deep house in Sydney, like Mad Racket parties, it's just very
underground.

There's excellent DJs like Simon Caldwell.

Honkytonks is THE CLUB in Melbourne. It's funny they get all these big
Australian commercial DJs calling there begging to play to enhance their
cred and they're like No.

There's a lot of deep house in Melbourne so maybe come down here.

One of the best crews is El Barrio. Then there's Deep North (linked to
tiptop web site). There's also Soul'sa who combine the best of Detroit and
Chicago and are totally on it. WOW, which is Liz Millar's thing, but maybe
more garage. The whole spectrum of deep house.

The thing is these crews don't advertise much, it's word of mouth (always
very strong in Melbourne).

>  Inbox Message
>
> From:  "Patrick Wacher" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject:  RE: (313) deep house (was 100 BEST DJ IN THE WORLD (Mills)
> Date:  05/11/2002 12:04:53
> To:  "313 Detroit" <313@hyperreal.org>
>
> I agree, it's pretty hard to find real deep house in Sydney. It may pop up
> once in a while at a one off party or on the radio, but mostly it's pretty
> weak off-shoots.
>
> After spending the weekend down in Melbourne, it's definately a great
place
> to hear deep house... and I gotta say Angela Maison really throws it down
@
> Honkey Tonks on Saturday nights. Man, she was playing some great tracks.
One