Pelican neck is particularly good, kind of like a mini-smallfish, and whenever I go into Vinyl Exchange I always seem to pick up early KMS records and the like for a quid fifty.

Actually you missed easily the best shop in Manchester... the truly awesome Beating Rhythm, a block away from vinyl exchange at al. Endless racks of northern, disco, (and a few reggae) 7s, all lovingly labelled and organised by people with true pride in their product (oh, and occasionally pretty damned rare and a teensy bit expensive).

I'm not even making any attempt to bring that back on topic.

and that's just about it. Sorry but the shops really are better in
Manchester. A fiver on the coach.

yeah, piccadilly, vinyl exchange, pelicanneck, eastern bloc etc all in the
same small area...go there