From: T.J.Johnson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2002 8:01 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: (313) Elitism

In contrast, Jason, I was saying that I HAVE witnessed
tons of elitism;  most of it being from this list!  I
too am saying no names, but damn--is it really that
necessary for people to make it a point to shxt on
others verbally (or the lack there-of).  I mean these
fxckers join the list for some reason, but it is
definitely not to network.  It seems like they just
wanna show the world how much knowledge they have about
techno--ooooooh, aren't we cool?  It just makes me
laugh that these "internet elitists" are so fxcking
cool in there own little worlds and it's almost like
the real world doesn't exist.  All I know is that
whenever I get anywhere in this business, I'll do my
best to help the ones trying to make it.  I do what I
can now (even though it aint much).  Whatever, I'm
done--it's no use.

Good luck Jason, and everyone else.  I hope we all find
our place in this world soon and quit shxtting on each
other in the process.  I'm no better than anyone else,
period.  Likewise, neither are they...

 On Sat, 09 Nov 2002, Jason Hogans wrote:

> Its good to hear that someone hasn't encountered any
> elitism or snobbery. I
> must say that I've had my share of awkward experiences
> (ain't sayin' no
> names!). Some people swear that everyone should know &
> appreciate who they
> are, what they've done, & what they stand for. I came
> from a background of
> mostly hip hop when I began mingling with tech types,
> hardly knew anything
> about C2 when he signed me. It was cool 'cause he
> didn't take it all weird
> or anything. I was just a dude experimenting with
> whatever sounds he felt
> like.
>
> People need to make up their minds: either you love
> something and want to
> foster an environment where other folks can discover &
> learn to love it
> also, or you're an a**hole who wants to decrease the
> size of the pond in
> order to be a bigger fish. I graduated high school & I
> like it that way!
>
>  I also realize that for someone relatively new to
this
> milieu, I came with
> my own set of insecurities that amplified any ill
> vibes, and occasionally I
> created or imagined them when there were originally
> none to be found. But
> anyway, a person should never have to endure being
> chuckled or snarled @ for
> inquiring who someone is, or what their contributions
> are to the tiny little
> electronic music universe, sheesh!
>
> JPH.
>
> From: "T.J.Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 10:51:28 -0800 (PST)
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED], 313@hyperreal.org
> Subject: Re: (313) 8-Mile - Detroit music history
>

> The funny thing is, I've never noticed any elitism in
> the Detroit techno music business until I joined this
> list.  It's interesting how the internet helps shape
> the world...
 TJJ

~in a perfect world, nothing is perfect~
http://www.peoplepc.com