the following is absolutely the truth:

tonight i was doing my normal job to augment graduate
school, which is working with autistic kids doing
highly regimented behavioral modification therapy
called applied behavior analysis.  i was extremely
stressed out because the kid was hitting himself and
he pissed on my new steve madden shoes, so i decided
to pop in a cd into the old cd player.  the cd i chose
was plus 8 classics vol. 1, it being the handiest and
in my coat.

the kid immediately stopped hitting himself and began
following verbal directions to complete the discrete
trials!!!!  i was really suprised and decided to stop
the cd.  he started hitting himself again!  so i put
the cd back on.  he stopped hitting himself again.
not wanting the kid to start hitting himself again i
left the cd on for the rest of the shift.

now, i've had a couple of days to digest this.  i
decided that the heavy bass kick and textural acid
lines provided some high level of stimulation.  the
only problem with the whole situation is that he's now
fixated on the song with the vocal "vortex" and the
squelching acid line.  i had to give the cd to the
kids parents for them to burn and bring back the next
session.

so any other suggestions for music to accompany
applied behavior analysis?  apparently my client has a
hankerin' for aceeeeeeeeeeeed!!!

-sam