Emimem states "nobody listens to techno", I found it very amusing. And I
agree. Nobody does, but everybody does. In modern music, everything is
techno. It's all made on machines with machines. Techno records sell, but
only after you can't find them and not in those amounts.
     I had to learn that just because some people have just discovered this
music, you(I) can't get mad at their inexperience, but you point them in the
correct direction.
     For the guy who wants a comprehensive music history on Detroit musics.
Start with some John Lee Hooker and find out about Hastings street. Pick up
the book "Before Motown" to find out about Detroits jazz history before
motown. Anything about Motown.
     Before it became the job of profressional amateur experts to classify,
name, and seperate everything to justify listening to anything, it was just
dance (listening) music. All of it. FM 98 had a mix show with a Barry
Michealton Grant I think. The Wizard started at WDRQ 93 FM, before he moved
to 98. Mojo played his mixes on his radio show on WGPR 107.5. And this scene
was not a techno scene until after 1990. As well as Duane Bradley doing his
afternoon mixes on 98. Claude Young had his mix show on WHYT 96.  So by the
time the mix shows had came about on 89X, they had already been running on
the Black(Urban) outlets for years.
     I will admit my bias towards "Detroit" techno, as opposed to techno.
There was, and is a difference. Just rambling.

 Shake.