From: Stang Anya [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 18, 2002 10:27 AM
To: Odeluga, Ken; [EMAIL PROTECTED] Org
Subject: RE: (313) SLICES #3

Good morning from me too. : )

You got in there first Ken, and I don't really have that much more
to add. As Nicole and I were saying, there's so many really good
events going down in London these days but the Slices nights
stand out even amongst the best. Great music, wonderful
atmosphere and lurvly peeps - mad props to Ken and Toby, and to
everyone who was there for contributing to making this a truly good
night out. 'twas good to see you all there, having fun!
The night itself, Ken played some very nice tunes (so stop
apologising m8!) and got us all warmed up nicely. It was a such
shame that there wasn't yet enough room to dance at that time
because the yellow t-shirts from Norwich were waiting for the last
train home - and there was me hoping their coach would pick
them up soon.... At least they got to hear some quality music
before they left, innit. : )
The special guest (who played last) was good but the set I enjoyed
the most was Jonny's. Fabulously sexy House and Disco that had
me shakin' my butt almost non-stop, as all who were there can
testify to - guys, remind me to bring a towel next time.
I would like to tell you what was played but I'm just so not a
trainspotter, sowwy... but I did hear and cheer to Donna Summer's
I feel Love. Woooo, that song always takes me way back...
Oh yeah, he played Metro Area (3?), and I think an Ibadan record,
was it JeKaJo flipside? OK, I give up...
And I really don't know how I managed to stay on my feet because
Friday night bore witness to Shawn Rudiman's European debut,
and boyohboy that was some serious live pa!! 2hrs of beautiful
Techno - melodic, soulful, funky... groovealicous!!
And not enough that I just had to dance for almost the whole set,
there was Matt Chester dropping some lush stuff on the dex before
and after. Shout-out to http://www.11-hour.com !

Now I have to make my transition... to work. : )
Carrots,

Anya

PS: Slices#4, 21 Dec 2002, Public Life - be there!!
PPS: You can blame Ken for this long post! ; )