I didn't think Ten Records (subsidiary of Virgin) existed anymore (stopped
in about '93 I think, but not sure).

http://www.a-wave.com/system7/pages/archive/albums/sy7alb.htm is the release
that Oakenfold, May, Patterson, Youth, et al worked on. Never really got
into System 7 tho... seemed like a more "hippy" version of The Orb, yet not
quite as viable as Sunscreem. A bit like A Man Called Adam... critically
acclaimed, but it dated way too fast.

Not sure about how May got involved, but Oakenfold was dabbling in the On-U
Sound (Adrian Sherwood, Gary Clail, etc) and dub side of things about that
time, so it'd make sense that he hooked up with people like Hillage. All got
a bit wierd if you ask me. :)

As for Oakenfold and what he did before, have a listen to Happy Mondays -
"Squirrel and G Man Twenty Four Hour Party People Plastic Face Carnt Smile
(White Out)". Fantastic LP, but I still reckon "Bummed" was HM at their
best... "P'n'T'n'B" seemed to be the result of Oakenfold and Osbourne's
discovery that although a mixing desk has lots of knobs and sliders, they
should only be used when needed.

One thing I did stumble over tho which was slightly annoying while looking
for the above was that MTV claims that Oakenfold inspired Primal Scream to
reach new levels of success. I think that title firmly belongs to Weatherall
and PS's "Screamadelica" (which also won the Mercury Music Award for 1992,
and beat U2's "Achtung Baby"), which if anyone hasn't had chance to hear,
it's well worth picking up.

Anyway, I'm off-topic again. :)

Dscaper
Aeonflux Radio - http://www.aeonflux.co.uk
"A man who know's what he knows, and knows what he doesn't know, is the sign
of a man who knows."