i have a question, if anyone can answer this for me i'd greatly appreciate it.

i'm trying to understand how making a track allows you to go on "tour" around the world dj'ing. i can understand if you have a bunch of dubplates made and a promoter is interested in booking you because you have a particular sound no one else has, or you have a live act with a back catalogue of material. but why would a promoter want to book a dj after he/she has made a track to come and play a party on the other side of the planet. what would set he/she aside from a local person.

everyone excuse me if i'm to "dense" to see the answer, but my mind is completely boggled from this one.

sand.