> Kind of redefines the meaning/purpose of "record store" though, doesn't it?
>   Does the record store become a "production house" now?...
>
> Not even touching on the legality of it all....  ;]

Well, the Sharivari (note different spelling :)) comment was really just a
tossed-off joke to try & bring some (313) relevance to the post.

I really think it would be great if everyone had access to something like
this, though. I'd pay $45 to get 3 plates worth of my own tracks cut (figuring
$25 for 3 plates plus a $20 cutting fee). It would bring some of the
beneficial elements of the dubplate culture of London-area jungle to other
areas that don't have a Nicky's Blackmarket or other cutting place around.

Of course, there's also the not-so-nice aspects of the dubplate culture, too,
like hearing a track that got recorded that afternoon but not being able to
buy it for 9 months...

Dreaming of (dub) plates,

Bill
--