--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> di i miss something or has no-one posted anything
> bout the shake , tejada,
> claude young & dan ball party?

I posted a quick review on other lists. John Tejada opened the night
with a 2 hour set. He jumped around from house to techno, and even
played an Ed Rush & Optical - "Gasmask" track at the wrong speed. Gas
Mask sounded ok at 33, but I would have prefered hearing at 45.

Then Dan Bell did a live set of some classic sounding techno. Of
course, he did "Losing Control'. His set seemed really short, like 20
minutes or something.

Claude Young then started scratching and hit the decks.
He was absolutely slamming, he scratched, beat juggled, beaucoup dj
tricks. He used his cheek to scratch, and his forehead to stop a
record, his mouth to go back and forth on the crossfader. All of his
tunes were really slamming. Pretty amazing set! As Anthony Shakir put
it "that was a murder set". Claude was out for blood.

Anthony Shakir started right after. I recognized most of the tracks. I
remember he played Roaming, Floorfiller, Stereotype, and others. I
would have to look at my records to remember what some of the others
were. Really nice set!!

He said that he has another ep called "Songs For My Mother", a Shake
lp, and a Da Sampla lp

Then after Shake's awesome set, John Tejada played some new music he
just finished off a DAT.

Awesome night!

{Sorry it wasn't much of a review}