From: "Dave Clark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: (313) Big Apple/Jay Denham
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 22:45:00 +0800

Any 313ers in Amsterdam who can tell me about a gig that may be
called the 'big apple' with heiko laux? A friend is there at the
moment, wondering whether to go or not.

I've seen the posters up for this - the line-up looks great and I am considering flying over from London for it. I got to experience my first big (commercial?) Dutch rave this weekend. Overall the experience was positive. The crowd was so friendly (the Dutch in general are wonderful people it has to be said), there was an element of cheesy candy ravers but I prefer this to the seedy lager lout element that London clubs suffer from. The venue was huge and the lighting was excellent (if you like lasers and fireworks).. The only thing that let it down was the damn system! This had me confused.. why spend so much on organising a great party and then have a system that wasn't up to the task? I felt a little pissed off after telling a friend that Jay Denham would be excellent and then being subjected to two hours of indistinguishable bass rumble. Same for Surgeon and there was no way I was staying for The Advent live 'cos I've heard them on a good system and they did nothing for me. The entry price was also absurd (about 25 quid on the door). The locals went crazy to both Jay and Surgeon.. Still, we had a cool time.. The Big Apple gig looks interesting. Also the I Love Techno party in Belgium looks worth a trip but I will be going mainly to check out Richard Batz' live set..

hope this helps,
Nic

p.s. I know this is quite OT but it has to be better than the latest round of Mills bashing/ass kissing! Can we skip it this time people, please!?

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    [attachments/files to]
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]