Christopher wrote:

1. I've got a bolz bolz on ersatz audio (that's 313 right?) with an
electro track featuring some subbed out bass and a spooky female >spoken german vocal over the top that I really dig, but I've never encountered any similar bolz bolz tracks. Are they out there? If not >anybody have suggestions in that vein.

Andreas Bolz a.k.a Bolz Bolz, Funktaxi & half of Third Electric (w. Gregor Luttermann/Rootpowder). BolzBolz and Rootpowder run Electrocord (formally Electrecord) out of Cologne in Germany, and more recently Bolz Bolz has set up his own label... 'World Electric'.

IMHO... Bolz Bolz is an underrated electro producer who's making some really interesting records at the moment. For examples of his most recent electro output, check the following:
Bolz Bolz  'Plus Bonus Track'  12"  (World Electric 001)
featuring two new mixes, by Plasma Co. (Ersatz Audio) and Bolz Bolz, of the previously released 'Musik'.
Bolz Bolz  'The Ultimate'  12"  (World Electric 002)
Bolz Bolz  'Deluxe EP' 12" (World Electric 003)
Funktaxi  'Mild'  12"  (Electrocord 1500)
very impressive release, with some of the best s l o w e r electro tracks released this year, keep an eye out for the fuller length CD release.

peace
~Askew