Mixed reviews is the consensus. I personally thought musically, the cd was pretty cool and funky. I've said before that it sounded Studio One-ish. This series is all about the gear and techniques that goes into the production of these mixes, not necessarily the music itself, although some people expected way too much from Richie musically, hence the mixed reviews.
g.

Rusty Blasco wrote:

So what's the consensus floating around thus far concerning the new Richie Hawtin joint? I personally haven't heard it yet and am waiting for my first paycheck in months (fingers crossed it doesn't get held up somewhere in the bureaucratic process); a positive public opinion will increase the excitement I have towards my not-too-distant purchase. Has he mellowed out or become any housier (as a colleague informed me)? Please respond to me personally.

    Rusty