No one around Iowa seems to have picked up on this track so I hadn't
heard it until just now -- I'm sure everyone in Europe who goes out
all the time is already sick of it.  But combining the minor chord
chug from 'The Bells' with a neoclassical melodic line and loads of
cool noises, buzzy synths and subtle percussion makes this a winner
for me.

This btw is on the Francois K "Frequencies" CD. I normally don't buy
mix cds, but I'm a big FK fan, down to collecting as many of his 80s
dance remixes as I can find.  Plenty of Detroit artists represented on
this CD too.

FK always walks a fine line in his track selection, too.   At times
you think he's verging on going Progressive or Trance (or Progressive
Trance) on you.  But I think what's really happening is that he has a
weakness for lyrical melody and harmony, something that the execrable
genres aforementioned have turned into a caricature and cheap
emotional manipulation.

And while, as I said, I don't normally buy Mix CDs I also recently
grabbed Henrik Schwarz' DJ Kicks CD. I walked into a West Village
music store and "Get Around To It" by Arthur Russell was playing,
which was followed by a nice track I didn't know, and then Rhythm &
Sound "Let Jah Love Come." I went up to the counter and demanded a
copy not knowing what it was.  The record store guy and I bonded over
our love of AR (who, like me, is a 'cellist from Iowa).  The record
store guy claimed to remember AR wandering around the village with
headphones on back in the day, which may or may not be true... but
listening to "Get Around To It" in those same streets gave it a new
meaning for me...