Sorry for the OT post but thought quite a few people here might be
interested in seeing them.

http://www.sierraleonesrefugeeallstars.com/

Just caught their show here last night (at our state fair) and they are
fantastic!  All of the band members are refugees of the Sierra Leone civil
war (1991- 2000).
Their full bio can be seen in a Canadian documentary film about them and
also on their website.  Needless to say, they've been to hell and back.

They formed their group initially in a refugee camp in Guinea (and fled
there after the camp was attacked by Guinean troops).  Now the entire group
is on tour and I have to say they are serious about spreading the message
about living in peace. They do this by creating the most uplifting mix of
West African Highlife/Goomba music and Reggae (you can hear the Wailers
coming through their music.
Their big "hit" - Living Like a Refugee - is straight out of the book of
Marley.  However, it's no copycat paint-by-numbers. It truly sounds like a
tune that Bob Marley never wrote but was always in his head.  Political,
critical, and thoughtful but never forgets that the best way to your head
and heart is through your feet and hips.
Overall, their music is the sort that makes you feel like an idiot if
you're not dancing.  Pure good vibes.

Please, go see them!

8/31/2007
The High Dive
Champaign, IL

9/1/2007
On The Waterfront Festival
Rockford, IL

9/3/2007
African Festival of the Arts
Chicago, IL

9/4/2007
Englert Civic Theater
Iowa City, IA

9/5/2007
Pabst Theater
Milwaukee, WI

9/6/2007
Save The Children?s 75th Anniversary
New York, NY

9/7/2007
Roots, Blues and BBQ Festival
Columbia, MO

9/8/2007
Black Swamp Arts Festival
Bowling Green, OH

9/22/2007
BAM - Barcelona Acio Musical
Barcelona, SPAIN

1/23/2008
Agnes Scott College - Presser Hall
Decatur, GA

1/24/2008
University of Tennessee - Alumni Memorial Building
Knoxville, TN

2/15/2008
UC Santa Barbara - Campbell Hall
Santa Barbara, CA