who said I was bashing them? i get their emails because for the most part, I enjoy what they do. I'd rather rich win than tiesto, surely. but really, how important is the DJmag top 100? I find it funny, more than anything.

----- Original Message ----- From: "kent williams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "list 313" <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2007 6:18 PM
Subject: Re: (313) djmag top 100

This is the 313 techno music discussion list, not the bashing Minus
discussion list, speaking just as a fellow punter, not as mr big shot
list admin.

I'm sure there's a hundred valid criticisms of Richie Hawtin, Minus,
big room dance music, minimal techno, etc.  Unfortunately they either
a) have already been aired and beaten to death on 313 or b) aren't
really relevant to 313.

I'm not on the Minus mailing list, I'm betting many 313 subscribers
are not on that list as well.  If we cared about Minus enough to want
to get e-mail from them, we'd sign up.  Getting second hand Minus
disses from /0 without seeing the original doesn't do much for me.

If you're so offended by their e-mails, why don't you unsub?  I bet
there's a link at the bottom of each of their e-mails.

In this particular case, I didn't get Richie's 'vote for me' message,
but I regularly hear from other DJs -- who I get e-mail from because I
care about them and their work -- asking for a vote on this or that DJ
poll.  Is that always cheesy?  Is there something wrong with being
careerist when you're, uhhh, trying to have a career?