http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF284632-01-01-01.mp3

Is Houle being serious here? It's like being meta-jaded, I can't
possibly wrap my head around this kind of thing. It's like making fun
of yourself for making fun of yourself, and then laughing at everyone
else for listening to you do it. Or making a trite techno song about
how trite people think techno is? My brain hurts.

>From the Minus website:
----On "Techno Vocals" (as with all Houle productions) each sound is
perfectly realised, commanding its own space with metronomic
discipline. The rigid drum patterns, analogue explosions, regimented
snare rolls, laser guided effects and delayed bleeps interact with
supreme efficiency, while the arrangement is mapped out with cool,
calculated intent. The result is a totally robust example of A-grade
techno that's really brought to life by the self-referential, pitched
down vocal hook!----

Not trying to be entirely negative, it just seems like a case of being
too cool for school and then taking it to some strange other level.
"The result is a totally robust example of A-grade techno that's
really brought to life by the self-referential, pitched down vocal
hook!"

They can't really be serious about that, can they?
Just curious if anyone has an opinion about this kind of thing.

-Art