That's terrible news  :-(
I have some deep love for the Trance Europe/Atlantic Express compilations.
The whole book with CD thing is a great concept and while it didn't
originate with Mr Deacon - he did it so well.
I'd pour over it for hours whilst listening to the CDs.  The Pacific State
compilations were where I first got exposed to Ken Ishii and some of the
best Japanese techno I'd ever heard.

MEK