There is a feature on UR in the latest issue of The Wire. I was relatively surprised to see a photo of Mad Mike on the cover... I guess staying underground doesn't quite mean what it used to. Not that I have an issue with it; it is pretty hard to stay anonymous these days.

The 'historical' side of the article, covering the development of UR won't come as anything new to most people here. I was more interested to hear Mike's views on what he sees living and working in
Detroit.

Anyway, well worth picking up a copy if you can.

I think the time was right for them to make the change, it's got nothing to do with not being underground, a black man rocking a balaclava/paint ball mask coming through customs isn't really good sense in these times

Going to pick the magazine tho, always interested in what Mike has to say.

P.S: Completely forgot to mention - I caught the end of a documentary on detroit techno on BBC Radio 4 last weekend. Does anyone know what it was? I was a bit surprised to tune in and hear
Rhythim Is Rhythim!

It was a very poor program and isn't worth bothering with.