And you believe that this doom's day scenario is probable?

Well the BPI (UK's RIAA) already shut sites down for hosting mixes.

I agree with Tom, if this does go ahead then the music industry as we know it is finished. For better or for worse. All the established big artists are now signing promotion deals (Madonna, Prince) and the recorded music becomes a loss-leader.

It's interesting watching this though I have to admit. I don't rely on music to make a living, and I'm not even sure it affects the music that I like that heavily anyway. That's being affected in a whole host of other ways at this point.

robin...