Also, I don't think he claimed to be the first guy to incorporate a 909 (or any other technology) into his sets, and I believe in an old metroTimes article he stated that it was Jeff Mills, who was already using a 909 in his sets, that encouraged him to try it out, too. I remember him stating that he was initially hesitant because he didn't want to be known as a Jeff Mills "biter."

Given the later disco guys used 808s to augment disco tunes (which is what became house) I doubt even Mills was the first to use a 909 in that way.

robin...